For a woman entrepreneur it’s challenging running a business, taking care of your family and finding time for yourself, let alone coming up with creative gift ideas. With so many possibilities out there, where do you even begin? Whole Health has put together 5 unique holistic gift ideas for the busy woman entrepreneur to help her save time and find a joyful gift for a loved one that will naturally keep on giving:
- “Prescription to Nutritional Healing”: In this day and age, more and more people are turning towards natural remedies before prescription medication, essentially taking their health and wellbeing into their own hands. “Prescription for Nutritional Healing” is a practical A-Z reference to drug-free remedies using vitamins, minerals, herbs & food supplements. This book is a must have for any person interested in taking charge of their health. As one of the best resources for nutritional healing available, it’s definitely a gift that will keep on giving.
- Diva Cup: There are many reasons why Whole Health loves the Diva Cup. First of all we love to support women entrepreneurs. The mother daughter team who created this product are changing the way women view period care! What exactly is a DivaCup you may ask? Well it is a re-usable bell shaped menstrual cup that is worn during your menstrual cycle to replace tampons and sanitary pads that can be full of perfumes, chemicals and materials that can cause irritations and internal abrasions. Secondly, the Diva Cup is easy to use and can be worn for up to 12 hours without leaks or worries. Voted “Best Women’s Product” by Canadian retailers for 6 consecutive years by the Alive awards this eco-friendly feminine hygiene product will not only cut down on the billions of tampons and pads thrown into our landfills but will also save you money. Did you know the average woman spends about $100-$150 a year on menstrual items? With the Diva Cup being only a fraction of the cost, I know that’s another reason the Diva Cup will keep on giving!
- Himalayan Salt Lamp: The Himalayas are the world’s most tranquil, serene, peaceful and undeveloped region; therefore each lamp hand-carved from the foothills of the Himalayas are still pure and untouched by pollution. The lamp casts a warm glow in whatever room it is placed and gives off magnificent negative ions that can help rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. These wonderful ions (which are also found in the rain forest) can help reduce fatigue, improve concentration as well as alleviate asthma and allergy symptoms. Keep a lamp in your office or near any other electronics to reduce electro-magnetic pollution. A Himalayan Salt Lamp can enhance meditative experiences making it essential to have during Yoga and meditation. Create a tranquil and serene atmosphere for a loved one this Christmas with this unique holistic gift idea.
- Neti Pot: Provide relief for your loved ones this Christmas by giving them a gift they can use over and over again. Recommended today by doctors and pharmacists worldwide as well as celebrities (Dr. Oz and Oprah to name a few) the Neti Pot is a time-honored practice in the Orient. Here in the West, the nasal wash has been used for decades as a means of treating sinus problems, colds, allergies, and post-nasal drip, and to counteract the effects of environmental pollution. This great little device has even been known to provide relief with conditions such as snoring and sleep apnea which can be worsened by nasal congestion. How does it work you may ask? Essentially the saline solution poured from the Neti Pot goes in one side of the nostril and out the other flushing out allergens, bacteria and infection-causing mucus out of the sinuses. It is a funny looking procedure, however once you feel what clean sinuses are like you won’t go back! Give the gift of clear breathing this Christmas. Your loved ones will be grateful you did!
- Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser: Aromatherapy is one of the oldest methods of holistic health used to rejuvenate the mind, body, and spirit. Essential oils create a pleasant aroma and neutralize odors. They have also been shown to reduce stress and have positive effects on overall wellbeing. An Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser is a state of the art system that ionizes essential oil molecules into the air while enhancing the oils biological effects. How does this differ from a tea light diffuser? Tea light diffusers heat up the oil, which burns very quickly. This causes the therapeutic values to be strongly reduced. An Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser creates a cold water vapor that breaks down the essential oil into much smaller particles, which can travel deeper into the sinuses creating a stronger healing outcome. The diffuser only uses a fraction as much essential oil as a tea light diffuser and still delivers the same fragrance effect. Which in turns save YOU money! In addition it purifies the air helping to control allergies/hay fever, asthma, cold and flu symptoms, eczema/psoriasis just to name a few! And if that’s not enough, it also circulates negative ions, which can increase the flow of oxygen to the brain which can help with stress, concentration, mental fatigue, headaches, sleeping problems and much more! Help a loved one or yourself create a healthier home with this gift that absolutely keeps on giving.
These are just a few of the amazing holistic gift ideas out there! Remember this holiday season the best gifts we receive have purpose and meaning. This Christmas give the gift of health, your loved ones will thank you for it!
Megan Kennedy owns Whole Health in St. John’s Newfoundland with her mother Paulette Fudge. This local family business is dedicated to inspiring and empowering their customers with the knowledge and guidance they need to take a proactive approach to their long-term whole health. You can visit them at either one of their two locations: Valley Mall, Corner Brook or 304 Water Street St. John’s or online: www.wholehealth.ca. You can also check them out on Facebook.